Recipe by JT'sMom
Eating this Paula Deen Classic is like throwing a party in your mouth. The crunch of the toasted nuts in the crust contrast beautifully with the cool creamy filling; while the blueberries just pop open with each bite. There is a lot of action going on in this pie...don't miss out. Time does not include chilling. My pie took a good 4 hours.
Top Review by mrsjjkool
This stuff is delicious! We have it everysummer with fresh blueberries cooked down with sugar, and we call it "Blueberry Yum Yum". It is also good with chocolate pudding instead of the blueberries and topped with whipped cream--that we call "Mississippi Mud". This is a must try!
- 177.44 ml chopped pecans or 177.44 ml walnuts
- 9 inch deep dish pie shells (thawed if frozen)
- 2 (170.09 g) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 236.59 ml confectioners' sugar
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 595.33 g can blueberry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Press the chopped nuts into the bottom of the unbaked pie crust.
- Bake as directed on the package and let cool.
- Beat the cream cheese with the confectioners' sugar.
- Beat the heavy cream with the granulated sugar until it forms soft peaks.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon this mixture into the cooled pie shell and top with the blueberry pie filling.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.