1/2 Photos of The Lady and Sons Lasagna ( Paula Deen )
1 hr 15 mins
I saw Paula Deen make this today and had to run out and get the ingredients to try it. WOW -- this is fantastic lasagna. I couldn't wait to share, and I hope you love it too!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons house seasoning (full recipe is 1 cup salt, 1/4 cup black pepper and 1/4 cup garlic powder mixed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 9 lasagna noodles (6 to 9 long strips)
- 12 ounces cottage cheese or 12 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1To make the sauce: In a stockpot, combine the tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, onions, peppers, garlic, parsley, seasoning mixtures, sugar and bay leaves.
- 2Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- 3Crumble the ground beef in a saucepan.
- 4Cook until no pink remains, then drain off the fat.
- 5Add the ground beef to the stockpot.
- 6Simmer for another 20 minutes.
- 7While the sauce simmers, cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- 8If the sauce is too thin for your taste, you can thicken it up at this time by mixing 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water-- bring the sauce back to a boil and stir in the cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly.
- 9Remove the bay leaves.
- 10Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- 11Mix together the cottage cheese with the 1 beaten egg and the 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese.
- 12To assemble the lasagna: Place a thin layer of sauce in the bottom of a 9" x 13" x 2" pan.
- 13Layer 1/3 each of noodles, cottage cheese mixture, Gruyere, Swiss and Cheddar Cheeses.
- 14Pinch off small pieces of cream cheese and dot over the other cheeses.
- 15Add another layer of sauce.
- 16Repeat layering 2 to 3 times, ending with sauce.
- 17This may be covered and refrigerated at this point.
- 18Bake for 20 minutes.
- 19Remove from oven and top with the Mozarella Cheese and continue to bake for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- 20Note: If the lasagna has been refrigerated, bake for 40 minutes total.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Lady and Sons Lasagna ( Paula Deen )
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 770.6
- Calories from Fat 435
- Total Fat 48.4 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 195.8 mg
- Sodium 1230.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 49.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: