- 16 chicken tenders or 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 4 equal strips
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- peanut oil or lard
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon juice form 1/2 a lemon
- horseradish, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle flour with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir to combine. Dredge chicken in flour, dip into buttermilk and back into flour.
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees. Fry fingers in deep hot oil 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with honey mustard for dipping.
- Honey mustard dressing:.
- Combine all remaining ingredients together except the lemon juice and stir well. Thin to pouring with lemon juice. Store in refrigerator.