Recipe by threeovens
These are mini muffins for DOGS. Of course, you could eat them if you want, they are just not as sweet as people seem to be used to. I make them with blueberries because I know my ladies love blueberries. You could use any fruit your dog likes. Mine also like apples, one likes bananas, and no one likes strawberries. If you don't have buttermilk you can squeeze 1 teaspoon lemon juice in your cup measure, fill with milk, let sit a few minutes (buttermilk substitute).
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk (see description for substitute) or 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; grease mini muffin tins or line with mini muffin papers.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl (I use a 2 cup liquid measuring cup), combine buttermilk, egg, and applesauce.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry; fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin tins (or papers) about 3/4 full; bake about 15 minutes until set.