This soup is always a winner. Perfect on a cold winter's night for entertaining, or week nights for the family. Based on a recipe by New Zealander, Digby Law.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg butternut squash
- 4 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 300 ml cream
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- whipped cream, extra, to garnish
- chopped chives (to garnish)
- 1Peel, remove seeds and cut the pumpkin into medium sized chunks.
- 2Place in a medium to large saucepan along with chicken stock, chopped onion, sliced spring onions, and peeled and chopped tomatoes.
- 3Simmer until vegetables are tender, then puree in a blender or food processor.
- 4Return vegetable puree to saucepan.
- 5Add cream, lemon juice, curry powder and brown sugar, and season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 6Reheat to blend, but do not boil.
- 7Serve hot or chilled with whipped cream and chives to garnish.
Browse Our Top Pumpkin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pumpkin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The King’s Butternut Squash (Pumpkin) Soup
Serving Size: 1 (787 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.6
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 433.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 12.9 g