Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
From Jamie Oliver's "Naked Chef," episode NC1B07
- 4 eggs
- 1 pint whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 lb fine white breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 lb white sugar
- 4 tablespoons jam (raspberry is nice)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Separate 3 of the eggs. Put the yolks in a bowl with the remaining whole egg and beat together. Add the milk, vanilla, bread crumbs, and 3 oz of the sugar.
- Spread the jam evenly across the bottom of a pie dish. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven 60 min or until set.
- Whip the reserved egg whites until stiff. Slowly add the remaining sugar until it is all mixed inches Pile the meringue on top of the pudding, and bake an additional 15-20 min until the meringue is set and lightly browned.