Recipe by sugarpea
The beer in this batter makes for a deeply-colored, moist and rich coffee cake. Baked in a Bundt pan and dusted with powdered sugar, it makes a pretty presentation.
Top Review by bkreher2003
Very Good---Easy --I used cocoa powder to dust my bundt pan--yum. This one is a keeper. Next time I will try chopped dates as someone suggested. Thank You for another. Bill K.
- 2 cups firmly-packed dark brown sugar (1 pound)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups light beer or 2 cups dark beer
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans (6 ounces)
- 1 cup raisins (6 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°; butter and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- In a food processor, process sugar and eggs until smooth, 1 minute; add butter and process another minute; with machine running, pour beer in and process 10 seconds.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl; add the remaining ingredients except confectioners' sugar and fold in just until combined.
- Bake 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean; cool in pan for 5 minutes; invert onto a rack and cool completely; dust confectioners' sugar over the top just before serving.