Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Dom DeLuise. Be sure not to overcook the eggs. The original does not say what kind of grated cheese to use on top. I chose Parmesan, but you can use whatever you want. Serve with hot Italian bread.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium potato, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and add the potato. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove sausage casings and crumble meat into the pan. Cook, stirring, until lightly browned.
- Add onion and peppers. Cook until onion is softened and potatoes are done.
- Beat eggs, milk and oregano together.
- Add egg mixture, tomato and mozzarella all at once.
- Reduce heat and cook, stirring lightly, until eggs are soft and fluffy.
- Top with grated cheese and parsley.
A very good breakfast scramble that we enjoyed this morning. For the two of us I did halve the recipe and there was more then enough for two good size servings. Since peppers are not DH's favorites I used a larger red pepper, cooked the potato in the microwave, used a red onion and cherry tomatoes instead of a whole tomato. Great flavors, cheesey goodness, and everything you would want in one dish. Chocolatl thank you for sharing this recipe with us! Made and reviewed for the 2014 Culinary Quest - Cruisin' Culinary Queens.
Mmm...this is my kind of scramble! I loved everything that is in this delicious scramble. I used red potato, red onion and a mixture of hot and mild Italian sausage. Also, I added 1/8 tsp. dried basil along with the oregano. I had two, yes I said two, large servings and wolfed both of them down. I added some warm pizza sauce on my second helping and it made a perfect scramble even better. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper! **Made for Culinary Quest - Suitcase Gourmets**
Yummers! This was really good. I used hot Italian sausage and microwaved my potato to get it started, then browned it in the skillet. Other than that I made it as directed. Very simple, very filling and very good. Thanks Chocolatl for sharing. Made for Zaar Stars Tag.