Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so easy and healthy that it's a regular at our house, though sometimes we use gr. turkey or beef too. Thanks to my friend Tabatha who had us over for dinner and introduced me to this recipe.
- 1 lb ground buffalo meat
- 1 onion
- 2 -4 cloves garlic, sliced (or add garlic pwdr w/spices)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Brown buffalo, drain grease and set aside.
- In large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Add buffalo, tomatoes, spinach, basil and oregano.
- Heat through, mixing thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper (to taste).
- Serve over rice or pasta.
- Or cover a pizza crust with tomato paste, top with this and mozz. cheese, and bake.
This is very good! I used fresh tomatoes and fresh oregano, otherwise I followed recipe. Wonderful flavor that lends it self easily to pizza, pasta, rice, taco's .I could easily go on. Will be making this often!
This was a different way of having a Italian dish and it was good.I did add a 8oz.can of tomatoe sauce cause I thought it needed a extra tomatoe taste. I made pasta noodles with this and had garlic bread and corn. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Made this up with turkey in about 10 minutes using fresh spinach and tomatoes. Spread it on a purchased cheese pizza, made a salad and had dinner ready with 15 minutes of work. It's very tasty and definitely pleased the meat eater in the family. Next time I'll use half the recipe on pizza, pasta or rice and freeze the other half for another time.