Recipe by annlouise
This is so easy and healthy that it's a regular at our house, though sometimes we use gr. turkey or beef too. Thanks to my friend Tabatha who had us over for dinner and introduced me to this recipe.
Top Review by Diann <><
This is very good! I used fresh tomatoes and fresh oregano, otherwise I followed recipe. Wonderful flavor that lends it self easily to pizza, pasta, rice, taco's .I could easily go on. Will be making this often!
- 1 lb ground buffalo meat
- 1 onion
- 2 -4 cloves garlic, sliced (or add garlic pwdr w/spices)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown buffalo, drain grease and set aside.
- In large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Add buffalo, tomatoes, spinach, basil and oregano.
- Heat through, mixing thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper (to taste).
- Serve over rice or pasta.
- Or cover a pizza crust with tomato paste, top with this and mozz. cheese, and bake.