Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Oh-so-popular at the Fall 2007 Fashion Week, these burgers are minus the meat. Instead, a hearty mushroom takes its place.
- 1 medium portabella mushroom (approx 5 oz)
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces flour
- 3 ounces breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- brioche bun
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced bread
- 2 slices American cheese
- Clean and remove stem and dark brown gills of mushroom.
- Sprinkle olive oil on top of mushroom, add some salt and pepper, place on a sheet pan and roast mushroom for 10 minutes in oven at 275 degrees.
- After oven, dip mushroom in flour, then dip in egg and then dip in breadcrumbs consecutively.
- Deep fry mushroom in oil for 2 minutes in oil temp of 375 degrees.
- Remove and then garnish with lettuce tomato and cheese and place on brioche bun.