Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a wonderful condiment. Use it as a dipping sauce or as a sandwich spread. This simply tastes yum!
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 6 -7 garlic cloves (depending on taste)
- 1 small fresh ginger
- 2 -4 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Snip of the roots from both the bunches.
- Peel the garlic cloves and clean the ginger piece.
- Remove stalks from green chillies.
- Put all ingredients in a blender, add salt, sugar, and lime juice.
- Grind to make a smooth paste.
- Remove in a bowl.
- Chill to serve.
- Green chutney can be refrigerated for up to 6-7 days.
We just moved and I have no idea which box my Indian cookbook is in, so this recipe was a good find for our samosas this evening. We ended up using two or three times as much coriander as mint - that's the size our "bunches" were - and that was about perfect. I didn't have a lot of ginger on hand, maybe an inch or two. We used one jalapeno pepper and halved the garlic because we are not big fans of the uncooked garlic taste. I also added about 1/3 cup of plain yogurt, mainly to get the blender going. Thank you so much for posting this!