Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious drink for people who enjoy both sweet and coffee style drinks.
- 400 ml milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (Preferably organic)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 5 ice cubes
- whipped cream (optional)
- Pour milk into blender and add the cocoa powder, sugar and instant coffee into a blender or smoothie maker.
- Blend until fully mixed together.
- Add ice cubes.
- Blend until there are only small parts of ice left, or until fully dissolved depending on how you prefer it.
- Pour into mug, glass or cup.
- Add whipped cream and sprinkle a small amount of cocoa powder on top for presentation if wanted.
Quick pick-me-up drink, and a lot closer and cheaper than going to ****bucks! Instead of the sugar, I added some sugar-free raspberry syrup. (I love raspberry-chocolate-coffee combo!) Made for Spring 2008 PAC.
I used skim milk and Splenda for a diabetis friendly drink and was quite happy with the result. It was frothy and rich enough for my tastes. I used a bit less coffee and thus chocolate was the predominant flavor (works for me, lol). Made for PAC, Spring '08.
Not bad - very good flavor. The coffee comes right through :-) For those who refuse to do the metric system, it is about 1 3/4 milk. Nonfat works just fine. The reason I gave it 4, not 5 stars is that while the flavor is great the texture is pretty thin. This was due to the low amount of ice used. You might want to double the ice (5 cubes usually works well for 1 cup of milk) if you want a copycat of you-know-who's Frappes!