Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This meatloaf is really good. The sausage gives it an added kick, and I've served it to several people and received "I don't like meatloaf, BUT..." responses.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 teaspoons cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl- mix together well (using hands, as gross as it may be).
- Mold mixture into a"loaf", place into 8x11 baking dish (I try to make sure the meatloaf doesn't touch the sides, it makes for easier cleanup).
- Spread more ketchup on the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes to an hour.
- My favorite sides to go with this are mashed potatoes and green beans.
- You can be creative with this recipe- use spicy sausage if you like spicy; sage if you like that taste, etc You can also add chopped onions, green peppers, or salsa- I don't, but only because my kids won't eat it.
- (Bonus: if your kids are veggie haters like mine- they never even notice the mushrooms).
Very Tasty. I added 1/2 small diced onion and put the remaining cr. mushroom soup over the top instead of catsup. Very "comfort food"
Easy recipe. Fast. And tastes great to real meatloaf aficionados.
It was ok, but not as good as other's we've tried