Recipe by Sackville
Such a simple dish but one that not everyone knows how to make. Here is your guide to the perfect fried egg.
Top Review by Johannasweet
I'm a fan of the 'keep the pan hot and flip it over' method. This will only work well if you still have plenty of butter in the pan when you are doing the flip, else you will end up with a brocken yolk. With the flip method, you really only need to cook the egg briefly on the first side until the white will stay together for the flip. Once the flip is done, you can remove the egg and there's no chance of an icky runny yolk. Just want to say Sackville Girl that your selection of recipes is fantastic!
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the butter and olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and heat until the pan is good and hot.
- Break the egg into the pan and immediately turn the heat down as low as it will go.
- Cover and leave to cook very gently for 4-5 minutes, until the white is set and shiny.
- The yolk will be cooked but still slightly runny.
- Eat how you like it, in a bacon and egg sarnie, on top of Asian dishes like nasi goreng or on its own.
- A perfect fried egg is a beautiful thing!