Recipe by Cooking Beast
This New York-style cheesecake recipe appears in The Joy of Cheesecake by Bovbjerg and Iggers (1980). The recipe calls for a shortbread crust, but you can use graham cracker crumbs or whatever you want. This one is very rich, hence the name. Prep and cooking times do not include chilling overnight. Serve as is or try a topping such as blueberry or cherry pie filling or a raspberry coulis.
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour, all purpose
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 eggs, large
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until it is light and fluffy.
- Mix in the sugar and flour and continue beating until it is smooth.
- Add the zests, the yolks, the eggs, one at a time, thoroughly mixing after the addition of each with the mixer.
- Stir in the heavy cream, and mix only briefly until blended.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust in the 10-inch springform pan, and bake for 15 minutes at 475 degrees F. Then, reduce the oven temperature to 200 degrees F and continue to bake for 60 minutes.
- Then, turn the oven off and allow the cake to sit inside while it cools down for another 60 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven, allow to cool to room temperature, then chill in the refrigerator over night.