2 hrs 35 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
Cooking Beast's Note:
This New York-style cheesecake recipe appears in The Joy of Cheesecake by Bovbjerg and Iggers (1980). The recipe calls for a shortbread crust, but you can use graham cracker crumbs or whatever you want. This one is very rich, hence the name. Prep and cooking times do not include chilling overnight. Serve as is or try a topping such as blueberry or cherry pie filling or a raspberry coulis.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until it is light and fluffy.
- 3Mix in the sugar and flour and continue beating until it is smooth.
- 4Add the zests, the yolks, the eggs, one at a time, thoroughly mixing after the addition of each with the mixer.
- 5Stir in the heavy cream, and mix only briefly until blended.
- 6Pour the mixture into the prepared crust in the 10-inch springform pan, and bake for 15 minutes at 475 degrees F. Then, reduce the oven temperature to 200 degrees F and continue to bake for 60 minutes.
- 7Then, turn the oven off and allow the cake to sit inside while it cools down for another 60 minutes.
- 8Remove the cake from the oven, allow to cool to room temperature, then chill in the refrigerator over night.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "the Heavy One" Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.2
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 162.0 mg
- Sodium 252.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 24.1 g
- Protein 6.7 g