Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A spicy Chex mix that will really warm your guests up during the holidays.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (like Frank's)
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 5 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup pretzel
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter.
- Whisk in the worscestershire and hot sauce until well blended.
- Whisk in the garlic powder, seasoned salt, onion powder, cayenne, and celery seed until well blended.
- In a large oven safe bowl or roasting pan, add the party mix that you have chosen and begin to dribble the sauce over the mix with a spoon, stirring frequently, until well coated.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring the mix every 15 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, stir the mix, and leave the oven door cracked with the mix still inside. Let it sit in oven to cool for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Store in air tight containers.
This sauce is wonderful - has a great flavor and a nice kick to it! The Chex mixture is a great basic combo - other items could easily be added to this to provide a variety at times. I used Rice Chex in place of the Wheat Chex to make it gluten-free, and it was a big hit. Thanks for sharing!
This mix came out so good! I made it tonight to give away for teacher Christmas gifts. WOWEE! It's addicting. I omitted the pretzels, added Hot & Spicy cheezits, garlic bagel chips and dry roasted peanuts.