This recipe is from The Vegetarian Times magazine, I love them, this is the recipe that I found for my cookie monster husband who has cholesterol problems, and these cookies are excellent for him, no butter, no eggs and the omegas from the nuts, and of course they are delicious . Don't forget to wait until dough is cool to add the chocolate chips or they will melt.
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray, or line with parchment paper.
- 2. Blend walnuts in food processor 30 seconds, or until ground into a fine meal. Add canola oil, and blend 2 to 3 minutes more, or until mixture has the consistency of natural peanut butter, scraping down sides of food processor occasionally. Transfer to bowl.
- 3. Whisk together brown sugar and ½ cup water in small saucepan, and bring mixture to a boil. Pour brown sugar mixture over ground walnut butter, add vanilla extract, and stir until no lumps remain.
- 4. Whisk together oat flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in separate bowl. Stir oat flour mixture into walnut mixture. Cool 10 minutes. Fold in oats, then chocolate chips.
- 5. Shape cookie dough into 2-inch balls, and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten cookies with bottom of drinking glass dipped in water. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies begin to brown and tops look dry. Cool 3 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.