1/2 Photos of The Healthy Version of Going Bananas Bread
This is simple, fragrant and scrumptious. The crumb is dense and moist. It is really satisfying any time of day. Yummy! One added note ladies and gents, you can up the bananas to 2 1/2 c and cut the sugar by half or use some splenda if that's your thing. I play with the recipe each time I make it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar free spiced unsweetened applesauce (I use homemade)
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups very ripe mashed bananas (4-5 whole)
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- 3Combine dry ingredients in med bowl, wisk to combine. Add nuts and chipits if using.
- 4Beat eggs and sugar together at med/hi speed until creamy.
- 5Beat in bananas and applesauce.
- 6Fold in dry ingredients.
- 7Pour into prepared pan and pop it in the oven. Once the door is closed reduce the heat so it's between 325 and 350°F.
- 8Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- 9Cake is done as soon as tester comes out clean. Do not overbake as fat free products may become dry.
- 10Cool on rack for 5 minutes.
- 11Invert on rack, remove pan, cool and store in air tight container.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Healthy Version of Going Bananas Bread
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.6
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 239.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 2.8 g