Recipe by AnnieCan
This is simple, fragrant and scrumptious. The crumb is dense and moist. It is really satisfying any time of day. Yummy! One added note ladies and gents, you can up the bananas to 2 1/2 c and cut the sugar by half or use some splenda if that's your thing. I play with the recipe each time I make it!
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar free spiced unsweetened applesauce (I use homemade)
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups very ripe mashed bananas (4-5 whole)
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in med bowl, wisk to combine. Add nuts and chipits if using.
- Beat eggs and sugar together at med/hi speed until creamy.
- Beat in bananas and applesauce.
- Fold in dry ingredients.
- Pour into prepared pan and pop it in the oven. Once the door is closed reduce the heat so it's between 325 and 350°F.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Cake is done as soon as tester comes out clean. Do not overbake as fat free products may become dry.
- Cool on rack for 5 minutes.
- Invert on rack, remove pan, cool and store in air tight container.