Found on veganmania.com I used this in a cheese & sausage quiche, and it was good! This will definitely be my staple pie crust from now on... No more frozen store-brought ones :] Also, you can lower the amount of ingredients in this- this crust is kinda thick.
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour (Heh, I didn't use pastry.. I just used regular..)
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached flour
- 1⁄4 cup natural corn oil (I just used canola, and a bit less than 1/4 cup)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup ice water (Not sure what original recipe meant by that, so I just used semi-cold water. Worked fine.)
- Stir the flours together in a small bowl and freeze for one hour. Freeze the oil in a separate container for an hour also. Remove both from freezer and mix the oil into the flour until it makes a crumbly dough.
- Stir the salt into the ice water and mix the water into the dough. Mix only enough to bind the dough. If it's too dry, add more water, a little at at time.
- I found it easiest to simply place the ball of dough into the pan, and squish it around with my hand -- Bake as directed for whatever recipe your using.