Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was in an old issue of Fitness magazine. I've always wanted to make it. They say "It's packed with protein, overflowing with veggies, low in fat and guaranteed to keep you full."
- 2 cups mesclun
- 1⁄4 cup roasted chicken breast, diced
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1⁄2 cup alfalfa sprout
- 1⁄4 cup chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon dry roasted sunflower seeds, unsalted
- 1⁄4 cup beet, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup firm tofu, cubed
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, julienned
- salad dressing, low-fat (optional)
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Top with your favorite low-fat dressing if desired.
I switched out the mesclun with baby greens and the sunflower seeds with pumpkin seeds. This salad was delicious and enjoyed by myself, my dad and my husband. I can't wait to try it again with shrimp instead of chicken.
Love, love, love this refreshing, healthy salad. I served on some tortillas that I had crisped up under the grill (broiler). A regular in our household.
I loved this salad! I left out the chicken, added yellow bell peppers, used green cabbage instead of red, and topped it all off with Ken's Vidalia dressing! Thank you so much!