Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
I created the recipe from my own mind, using another recipe for a smoothie as a guideline. I prefer mine fairly thick, which may warrant reducing the amount of milk and yogurt used in some cases. This is a recipe that is quick, easy, and very healthy which may serve as a breakfast or merely a part of one, depending on volume. The ingredients used were approximations on my part, I never measure out anything but the whey protein powder, it is simply a learned skill to know how much to put in, using your preferences. Any milk may be used in place of the soymilk, of course, effecting the nutrient content of the smoothie.
- 1 -2 banana
- 1⁄3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peaches
- 1⁄2 cup frozen cherries
- 1⁄2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup organic nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 scoop whey protein powder (I use Optimum brand, which I purchased from Smoothie King)
- 1 (3 ounce) slice tofu
- Simply blend all ingredients together, adding the soymilk and bananas first.
- Serve in a glass or drink straight out of the pitcher, depending on convenience.