Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This moist, simple, sweet, tasty & healthy recipe has only 7 ingredients, it's a real winner and you could use raspberries in place of blueberries.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup low-fat banana yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk or 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed lightly with a fork
- 100 g fresh blueberries or 100 g frozen blueberries
- Lightly grease a 12 hole muffin pan.
- Combine flour and sugar in a bowl. Mix the egg, yoghurt and milk together and add to the flour mix. Stir until just combined (do not over-mix, there should be some lumps in the mix). Stir in bananas and blueberries.
- Divide mixture between pan holes.
- Cook in a moderate oven, 180 degrees, for about 20 to 25 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Let stand in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
These are fabulous! I made them a smidge healthier by using 1/2 whole wheat flour and an extra bit of baking powder & baking soda (1/2 tsp each) & Splenda brown sugar blend for baking. Also, I didn't have fresh or frozen blueberries so I tried a 4 oz package of dried - they were perfect!! Made in honor of Chef-I-AM.