Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This burger does not need chips or fries. This burger will smack the hang over out of just about anyone. It's a personal spin on the cross-country burger that they used to make where I worked in Portland. This is spicy meat fans favorite! It's not as complicated as it looks, and it's WORTH it if you're not watching your waist line.
- 1 1⁄3 lbs 80% lean ground beef (80/20)
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- seasoning salt, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese (4-1oz slices)
- 4 ounces American cheese (1-1oz slices)
- cooking spray
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces deli ham, sliced thin
- 4 slices thick cut pepper bacon, cooked and cut in half to make 8 pieces of bacon
- red onion, sliced thin (4 slices)
- 4 leaves red leaf lettuce, crisp and fresh
- 8 kosher dill pickle slices
- 4 slices tomatoes (optional)
- 4 potato buns
- long toothpick
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix hamburger, jalapenos, green onion, Worcestershire sauce, and black ground pepper. Mix only enough to combined. Shape into 4 burgers and lightly sprinkle with seasoning salt and garlic powder to taste.
- Let sit in fridge to rest and let the flavors mingle for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix up your sauce and cut your veggies.
- Sauce: In bowl whisk together mayo, horseradish, garlic, Tabasco and cayenne pepper. Place in fridge until time to build burgers.
- Grill each burger to your preferred wellness. You may use broiler or outside BBQ, your choice.
- Heat Oven to 400°F.
- Once burgers are done, get out a large frying pan and coat with non-stick cooking spray. Heat pan on High heat until pan get nice and hot. Crack your four eggs seperately and break the yolk. Turn heat to Med-high. Cook about 2 min per side, or until egg is cooked "over hard" (all yolk and whites are completely cooked, not over cooked). Once all four eggs are individually cooked, place them on a plate with a spatula.
- Split your buns and toast in oven for about 3-4 minutes or until lightly toasted. Spread about a heaping tablespoon of sauce from fridge onto each inner side of toasted buns.
- Build burger as follows:.
- Bottom half of bun w/ sauce.
- 2 kosher dill pickle slices.
- hamburger patty.
- pepperjack cheese.
- bacon slice (2 halves side by side).
- Fried egg.
- American cheese.
- 1 oz deli ham.
- tomato slice.(optional).
- onion slice.
- lettuce leaf.
- top of bun w/ sauce.
- Insert each burger with two toothpicks, one on each side. Cut in half (making sure there is a toothpick on each side) and serve.
- So big you won't need chips or fries. Great to split in half and share too!