Recipe by Sharon123
I saw this made on Paula's Home Cooking show and had to share!
Top Review by ellie_
Very good sandwich! I increased the recipe to make 4 sandwiches which we enjoyed. The changes I made was using catfish instead of the grouper, real bacon and in place of the bean sprouts I used lettuce. Note: In increasing the recipe the oil/butter doesn't need to be increased by much, especially if still using one skillet to cook the fish. Very good sandwich. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (6 ounce) grouper fillets (or other thick fish fillet)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 large ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 slices medium-thick whole wheat bread, lightly toasted
- 2 large tomatoes, slices
- mung bean sprouts (or alfalfa sprouts)
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked until crisp (or veggie)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the grouper with salt, pepper, and paprika. In a medium skillet, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Sear grouper fillet on both sides, cooking until fish is done throughout; be careful not to overcook. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Slice the avocado and squeeze lemon juice over avocado to keep from browning. To assemble club, spread mayonnaise on first slice of toast, face up. Now place 1 slice tomato, sprouts, and grouper on top. Spread mayonnaise on second slice of bread and put on top of grouper, mayonnaise side down. Spread mayonnaise on top of second slice. Top that with avocado slices, 1 tomato slice, more sprouts, and the turkey or veggie bacon. Spread mayonnaise onto third slice of bread and top the sandwich. Cut into fourths and place a toothpick in each piece.