Recipe by Annacia
This is a satisfying and healthy sandwich. Put a fresh apple on your plate with it and you're doing yourself good while you put a smile on your face.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
This is a delicious and healthy sandwich -- one I will make again for sure! I have always loved alfalfa sprouts on veggie sandwiches -- so glad to have another one to use them on. Loved the hummus too and you can find so many combinations of prepared hummus in the grocery store or you can make your own. Made as directed with the exception of the green pepper. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag, November, 2013.
- 2 slices whole grain bread or 2 slices multi grain bread
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 3 slices cucumbers
- 2 thin slices red onion rings
- 1⁄8 green sweet pepper, sliced
- 2 slices tomatoes, more if tomato is small
- alfalfa sprout
- salt, to taste (optional)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste