After much searching for the best sugar waffle recipe, I morphed three recipie into this. They turned out fantastic! The best of all three previous recipes, with all the problems fixed! They are so sweet and fluffly, excellent for breakfast or dessert! The key is beating the egg whites before folding them into the rest of the batter. It makes the world of difference!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl.
- 2Seperately, combine egg yolks, milk, canola oil, and vanilla extract.
- 3Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture. This batter will be a little lumpy. That's ok, don't overmix!
- 4Beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold into batter.
- 5Pour batter into waffle iron and cook to manufacturer's specifications.
- 6Add your favorite toppings. A little butter is all that is needed in my house!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Greatest Ultimate Sugar Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.4
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.0 mg
- Sodium 131.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 5.7 g