Recipe by meg5704
After much searching for the best sugar waffle recipe, I morphed three recipie into this. They turned out fantastic! The best of all three previous recipes, with all the problems fixed! They are so sweet and fluffly, excellent for breakfast or dessert! The key is beating the egg whites before folding them into the rest of the batter. It makes the world of difference!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Seperately, combine egg yolks, milk, canola oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture. This batter will be a little lumpy. That's ok, don't overmix!
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold into batter.
- Pour batter into waffle iron and cook to manufacturer's specifications.
- Add your favorite toppings. A little butter is all that is needed in my house!