Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Awesome... seriously, you'll love this. I made it up cuz i love salsa and my tastebuds were tired of brand-name, store-bought salsas and also didn't want to pay the huge prices charged for the store-made salsas you find at the deli counter. Please note that the quantity of ingredients make a ton of this salsa. I do this because i like to make enough to give people gifts of salsa in tupperware containers. Enjoy!
- 3 (28 ounce) cansof petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) canof diced tomatos with chilies (first, pour the canned tomatos into large bowl, mix up, and then drain about 3/4 of the juice out be)
- 3 bunches green onions (chop 'em up)
- 1 bunch cilantro (chop it up)
- 5 cloves of finely sliced garlic
- 2 -3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 jalapeno peppers (slice them lengthwise in half and clean out most, but not all, of the seeds)
- 3 ounces seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of fine black pepper
- 3 limes (squeezed or juiced, use the leftover pulp, too)
- 4 diced fresh ripe roma tomatoes
- overall, this salsa is of 'medium' hotness. so, if you like your salsa really mild or mindblowingly hot, mess with the crushed red pepper and jalapeno elements of the recipe to taste.
- just mix it up well, eat it on the spot or for best results, let it sit in the fridge overnight so all the ingredients can meld together better. also, i think it gets a bit hotter when left to sit overnight.