Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My grandma made these at her house one time and I fell in love with them. Although I'm still not sure if the raw dough or the actually baked cookie is better. =D They're a huge hit every time I make them!
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups quick oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups softened margarine or 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Combine dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla to butter/sugar mixture.
- Alternatively add dry ingredients and pumpkin to the above mixture.
- Stir in chips.
- Either make either 1 1/2 inch diameter balls or shape the dough into big pumpkins making them "great pumpkins".
- Bake at 350 F for 17-20 minutes,check cookies around 12 minutes.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.