Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yummy Pumpkin layer cake with creamy pumpkin cream cheese center, topped with streusel crumb baked in one cake pan! This might replace my love of chocolate.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegan margarine (divided, room temperature)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 teaspoons vegan egg replacer powder (divided)
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups pumpkin puree (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon (divided)
- 2 tablespoons ginger (divided)
- 2 teaspoons cloves (divided)
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup ground nuts
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix the 2 cups flour, 4 1/2 teaspoons of egg replacement powder, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
- Cream the 1 cup margarine and 3/4 regular sugar in another bowl.
- Mix the vanilla extract into the margarine and sugar.
- Combine 1 cup soy milk with 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar in a separate bowl, let stand 5 minutes or until curdled.
- Mix dry ingredients into the wet add 3 cups pumpkin puree followed soy milk, vinegar mixture.
- In a medium bowl, Mix 1 cup pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese, 1 1/2 teaspoon egg substitute, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon, 1 tablespoon ginger, 1 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 teaspoon cloves.
- In a small bowl, Mix the 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 dark brown sugar, 1 cup rolled oats, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, 1 tablespoon ginger, 1 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 teaspoon cloves and butter until they for crumbs.
- Mix the nuts into the streusel.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle on half of the streusel.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture on next.
- Pour the remaining batter on top.
- Sprinkle on the remaining streusel.
- Bake in a prepared cake pan until a toothpick pushed in to the center comes out clean, about 50- 60 minuets.