This recipe is based on one I found taped into a used cookbook and tweaked to my liking. This is the closest I've come to the heaven that is my grandmother's butter tarts.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat eggs well; add sugar, corn syrup, and melted butter and beat until combined.
- Add currants, walnuts, vinegar, salt and vanilla extract; mix vigorously.
- Place circles of unbaked pie pastry into cornmeal-sprinkled muffin pans or silicone muffin cups. Paper cups work in a pinch as well.
- Fill the shells 3/4 full and bake until the pastry is lightly browned, approximately 20 minutes. For a runnier tart reduce baking time to 15-17 minutes.