Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was another invention to get rid of things in the fridge. It turned out really good, tates great and looks just like a pie. Dont let it fool you when Your pie plate looks to full and uneven, it will cook to seal together, lay just like and appple pie and be the right height. Let rest 10 min before cutting and cut around the edges to ensure a full piece comes out. great the next day too.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese (softened in micro for 15 seconds)
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups refried beans
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 thinly sliced tomatoes
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- Brown ground beef, add onion and sautee 4 min more, add paprika, chili powder, pepper, bouillon and flour and stir well.
- Slowly add water and stir until thick.
- Mix cream cheese, 1/4 cup salsa and 1/4 cup shredded cheddar.
- Grease 10 inch pie plate and layer with 1 tortilla, spread with 1/2 the refried beans, 1/2 the hamburger, 1 cup lettuce, 1 tomato and 3/4 cup cheese, top with tortilla spread this layer with cream cheese mixture and also add an extra 1/4 cup grated cheddar sprinkled on top Place on top another tortilla and repeat with rest of beans, hamburger, lettuce, tomatoes and another 3/4 cup of cheese.
- Top with the last tortilla, 1/4 cup of slasa and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 300 for 30 minutes on middle oven rack.
I made this tonight for dinner. It was big hit with the family. I am always looking for new mexican dishes. Thanks Tara, this is a keeper.
My husband said this is a keeper and when he says that, then it's 5 star worthy. :)
This was a pretty good quick dish! Short prep time and short cook time. Great for a busy night. My daughter said she could eat it every day :) Thanks for posting!!