1/4 Photos of The Great Australian Pikelets
Catherine Robson's Note:
Yummy golden little pancakes served warm with jam or honey. Every Australian would have made these many times throughout their youth. My son had his little friend over today and I ended up making a second batch because the boys gobbled them up and begged for more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a pouring jug, whisk together well the egg, sugar and half of the milk.
- 2Add the flour and mix thoroughly.
- 3Then add milk until the batter is the consistency of a thick cream.
- 4Beat until smooth.
- 5Pour about a soup spoon sized amount onto a preheated lightly greased frypan (You will need to start about medium high heat but after a few rounds you will need to drop it back to medium).
- 6Flip with a spatula when the top is all bubbly (should be a lovely golden colour), and cook the other side.
- 7Remove from pan and pile piklets up on a plate (cover with a paper towel so they don't go rubbery).
- 8Serve with jam, honey or maple syrup etc.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Great Australian Pikelets
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.2
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 8.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 1.5 g