Yummy golden little pancakes served warm with jam or honey. Every Australian would have made these many times throughout their youth. My son had his little friend over today and I ended up making a second batch because the boys gobbled them up and begged for more.
- In a pouring jug, whisk together well the egg, sugar and half of the milk.
- Add the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Then add milk until the batter is the consistency of a thick cream.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour about a soup spoon sized amount onto a preheated lightly greased frypan (You will need to start about medium high heat but after a few rounds you will need to drop it back to medium).
- Flip with a spatula when the top is all bubbly (should be a lovely golden colour), and cook the other side.
- Remove from pan and pile piklets up on a plate (cover with a paper towel so they don't go rubbery).
- Serve with jam, honey or maple syrup etc.