Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy golden little pancakes served warm with jam or honey. Every Australian would have made these many times throughout their youth. My son had his little friend over today and I ended up making a second batch because the boys gobbled them up and begged for more.
- In a pouring jug, whisk together well the egg, sugar and half of the milk.
- Add the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Then add milk until the batter is the consistency of a thick cream.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour about a soup spoon sized amount onto a preheated lightly greased frypan (You will need to start about medium high heat but after a few rounds you will need to drop it back to medium).
- Flip with a spatula when the top is all bubbly (should be a lovely golden colour), and cook the other side.
- Remove from pan and pile piklets up on a plate (cover with a paper towel so they don't go rubbery).
- Serve with jam, honey or maple syrup etc.
These have to be cooked in butter! My kids LOVE these. They are great in lunch boxes and freeze well too. A great recipe that requires only a few ingredients and creates a fabulous snack.
I reviewed these with 5 stars in march, as an australian they were a childhood treat. ..... I just made another batch (as i do every day its cold) and replaced the sugar with half a mashed banana, also added vanilla. These were for our 21mth old son but now i have to make more, they are gorgeous. LOVE the banana in them.
I forgot to mention that I needed a little more milk than listed to come to a workable consistency but this wasn't a big issue and all worked out well. Just wanted to mention this incase others had the same problem.