1/1 Photo of The Gourmets' Pumpkin Bake
Brian Holley's Note:
Fresh pumpkin and diced vegetable baked with a cheesey yogurt and sesame oil sauce. Superb dish as is for vegetarians, or, with chicken or pork for those of us who enjoy meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g prepared pumpkin
- 100 g butter
- 125 g chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 185 g carrots, chopped
- 125 g celery, chopped
- 185 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs
- salt and pepper (to season)
- 3/4 pint / 450 ml plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 4 ounces / 125 gm hard cheese, grated
- 1Steam Pumpkin till just soft. Drain and set aside.
- 2melt butter in pan and fry the onions, garlic, celery and carrots til soft, not browned. Add herbs and breadcrumbs. Stir to mix well, remove from heat.
- 3Grease a 1.5 litre baking dish.
- 4Using half of the pumpkin cover the bottom of the dish. Place the stuffing mixture on top of the pumpkin and cover with the remaining pumpkin.
- 5Over low heat mix yogurt, sesame oil and cheese till cheese melts, stir in the egg. remove from heat.
- 6Pour the sauce over the pumpkin, and sprinkle with the chives.
- 7Bake in oven 180c till nice and golden.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Gourmets' Pumpkin Bake
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.6
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 111.8 mg
- Sodium 631.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 13.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: