Recipe by Sackville
I adapted this tasty meal from a recipe I saw in my local newspaper. The peppery rocket and salty bacon go wonderfully together, and it looks quite pretty on a plate.
Top Review by TigerJo~
I didn't make the entire recipe, but the avocado mixture was WONDERFUL on a standard BLT. I'll definitely be making it again. Also, "rocket" lettuce is more than likely arugula (maybe that can be updated).
- 4 slices thick crusty bread
- 4 -6 strips bacon
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce or 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- 1 cup rocket lettuce
- 1 handful snow peas
- 1 handful string bean, trimmed and chopped
- butter, for spreading
- 1⁄2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until cooked, and then cut into smaller, bite sized, pieces.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pot of water to the boil.
- When water is ready, throw in tomatoes for 15 seconds.
- Scoop them out of pot and put into waiting bowl of cold water.
- Peel skins off and dice.
- Put peas and beans into pot of boiling water and cook for 1 minute.
- You want them to remain crunchy.
- Mash the avocado in a bowl.
- Add basil and lemon.
- Butter the bread and spread avocado thickly on slice.
- Then top with a bit of rocket, a few diced tomatoes, bacon, peas, beans and finally the cheese.
- Grill for 2-4 minutes until cheese is bubbling and bread is crusty.