Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in a cookbook I bought at a garage sale. “Good Things in England” by Florence White was published in 1933. The recipes are from 1399 to 1932. Posted for the Zaar World Tour 2005. Time to make and serving amounts are estimated. Adults only!
- 1 quart ale
- 1 pint white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, to taste
- sugar, to taste
- 1 cup cleaned roasted crabapple (optional)
- Warm together the ale and wine.
- Stir in the nutmeg and sugar.
- Float the crab apples in the warm ale/wine.