Good Friday being a strict day of fasting and consuming of vegan food only, this BLT-inspired sandwich came together easily and quickly. Mustard (any kind as long as it's dairy-free) can replace vegan mayonnaise if you prefer. As we were enjoying our new sandwich creation, Mr. Cookgirl suggested next time stirring in a little bit of Tabasco 'Chipotle" sauce to the mayo; or maybe substitute creamy horseradish...?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- focaccia bread (enough for 2 sandwiches)
- vegan mayonnaise, for spreading
- 3 -4 slices tempeh bacon, strips (store bought such as Lifelight brand 'Fakin' Bacon or homemade ( Smoky Tempeh Bacon)
- 1/4 cup sliced red bell pepper (In lieu of tomatoes which taste terrible this time of year. Use *fresh toms* when they are in season)
- loose leaf lettuce, of choice (we tried mixed spring greens and some micro greens)
- fresh cilantro, minced
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1Slice the foccacia in half and toast or (pan) grill if desired.
- 2Spread one slice of the focaccia with the vegan mayonnaise. Add 1 1/2-2 slices tempeh bacon per sandwich followed by the bell pepper, lettuce, cilantro and cracked black pepper.
- 3Place the other slice on top and cut in half.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Good Friday Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: