Prep 7 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a hearty whole grain cookie that lets you feel good about indulging, made with Red River cereal!
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup whole grain breakfast cereal (Red River)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Cream butter, sugars and egg in a large bowl until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, oats, cereal, baking powder and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture, mixing until thoroughly blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, or until light golden.
- Tip: For a softer cookie, allow the dough to chill in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes before baking.