1/5 Photos of The Godfather of Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
There are times in our daily lives when we just have a case of the blues & nothing is as therapeuitc for it as a grilled cheese sandwich - the ultimate comfort food! This unique grilled cheese sandwich uses blue to cure the blues & puts a bit of an Italian twist on an otherwise British effort .. hence the Godfather title. I can't recall now where the idea originated, but I've been playing w/it for quite a while & have modified it from the original to suit our preferences. I suggest you try it - it may work well as a blues preventative for you too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the cream cheese w/the blue cheese & mix well to a smooth consistency.
- 2Add crisped bacon pieces & diced tomato to the cheese mixture & mix just well enough to achieve a good distribution.
- 3Put 8 slices sandwich bread on your cutting board or counter. Using a pastry brush, brush approx 1/2 tbsp of the Italian salad dressing on ea slice of bread.
- 4Turn over 4 slices of the bread & spread 3 oz of the cheese mixture on those 4 slices (You should have 12 oz of cheese mixture for this).
- 5Top ea of those slices w/the other 4 slices so all the exposed bread surfaces are the ones spread w/the Italian salad dressing.
- 6Grill your sandwiches & enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Godfather of Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.8
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 56.2 mg
- Sodium 815.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 11.6 g