Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This burger was created by Team Gobsmacked for Zaar World Tour III. We wanted to call it Tequila-ed, yummy, rocking, boob-growing, goooooood, balanced, coloured, flavoured, complete, oniony good, juicy, GOBSMACKED Leaning Tower of Buffalo Southwester Burger, but there are only so many characters you can fit on a ZWT team...er I mean a recipe title. We put our addled heads together and came up with an astounding Buffalo burger that will knock your socks off. We used Out of Out of This World Garlic - Onion Bread Machine Buns for the bread. We also used Corn and Tomato Salsa With Cilantro for the salsa. Finally we used Slam It Down and Smack Yer Gob Sauce in place of spicy mayonnaise. It is WELL WORTH the time to make the extras for this unique burger, and if you don't, Team Gobsmacked may just show up at your door to demand justice!
- 453.59 g ground buffalo meat
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 4 onion hamburger buns, see description
- 236.59 ml corn and tomato salsa, see description
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 slice monterey jack pepper cheese
- 59.16 ml spiced mayonnaise, see description
- 4 slice roasted red peppers
- 4 piece romaine lettuce
- 1 lime, sliced into 4 wedges
- Combine buffalo, minced red onion and cumin.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Grill or fry to desired doneness.
- Top each patty with pepper jack cheese and allow to melt before removing burger from heat source.
- Smear 1/2 TBS of Slam It Down and Smack Yer Gob Sauce or spicy mayonnaise on each half of the Out of This World Garlic - Onion Bread Machine Buns .
- Place a patty on each bun bottom and top each burger evenly with 1/4 C each Corn and Tomato Salsa with Cilantro, avocado, onion, and lettuce.
- Squeeze a lime segment over the toppings, and place the "lid" on each burger.
- Enjoy (we recommend a nice Margarita to go with it)!
These were great! We love bison and are always looking for new ideas to make burgers too! I especially liked the avocado and roasted red peppers. Too good! Watch out, these are messy (just like a good burger should be!)!!
Much enjoyed! I made using lamb, forgot to add the cheese (roll of the eyes) and used a standard hamburger bun but otherwise made the extras which were all very worthwhile. The lamb / red onion / cumin mix was a really great simple way to make a flavorsome burger and everything else worked together terrifically.
Wonderful burger!! A hit on the ranch, but they took a long time to make! I did not make bread...it was just too hot, however, I do plan to go back and make the bread sometime, it sounds wonderful! The overall marks for the burger were excellent, it was very messy, we all thought a little less cilantro would have been our preference....but that is personal choice. Loved the sauce/ salsa / etc. My favorite thing was the avocado and we did double the cheese. Everyone loves melted Jack here. Thank you ladies for posting a very full meal! Cheers! ZWT3