Recipe by Robin Hollister
This is my version of my favorite dish from the "Blue Ben Dinner" in Bennington Vermont, (my home town) It's healthy and low carb all in one!
Top Review by Bergy
Very,very tasty! I didn't have any spinach but I used several left over veggies - cauliflower, brussels sprouts and of course onion, mushroom, some red pepper, broccoli & a Jalapeno pepper. I cut the recipe back to 2 eggs for one serving and it was a large delicious serving. I used Italian Herb Gouda cheese. Easy tasty and good for you what a great combination
- 6 eggs, scrambled
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen broccoli florets
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 tablespoons fresh salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw frozen veggies in a bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- In a large fry pan, melt margrine on high and saute onion, red bell pepper,and mushrooms for about 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook 1 minute or until the water is gone.
- Add the broccoli and eggs, stir until eggs are done.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Top with salsa and serve.