Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is my version of my favorite dish from the "Blue Ben Dinner" in Bennington Vermont, (my home town) It's healthy and low carb all in one!
- 6 eggs, scrambled
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen broccoli florets
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 tablespoons fresh salsa
- Thaw frozen veggies in a bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- In a large fry pan, melt margrine on high and saute onion, red bell pepper,and mushrooms for about 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook 1 minute or until the water is gone.
- Add the broccoli and eggs, stir until eggs are done.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Top with salsa and serve.
Very,very tasty! I didn't have any spinach but I used several left over veggies - cauliflower, brussels sprouts and of course onion, mushroom, some red pepper, broccoli & a Jalapeno pepper. I cut the recipe back to 2 eggs for one serving and it was a large delicious serving. I used Italian Herb Gouda cheese. Easy tasty and good for you what a great combination
Doesn't taste healthy-tastes luscious. Used olive oil and mozzarella. Great supper, Robin.