Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Every Friday we have "pizza night," and every Friday this is the pizza my DS wants. Sometimes he tries to change his mind--but he always changes it back to this. It's a very basic, very cheesy pepperoni & olive pizza made a bit healthier by some lighter ingredients.
- Heat oven to 425* F. Stretch dough over greased 12 inch pizza pan and bake until just turning golden, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and spread sauce to taste over crust, leaving a small border around the edge. Sprinkle about 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella evenly over sauce.
- Sprinkle olives evenly over cheese. Lay slices of pepperoni over olives in concentric rings.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella over pepperoni. Sprinkle parmesan over top.
- Return to oven and bake at 425* F for 10 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted, bubbly, and turning golden in spots.
Simple but delicious! I made this exactly as posted and will be making it again (whether it's Friday or not)!
I made this as mini pizzas for the DM and DS. I used a mushroom pizza sauce, regular pepperoni, a few black olives and a premixed pizza cheese (mozzarella, parmesan and cheddar mix) and added some fresh cherry tomatoes as I have so many at the moment. I baked them on the rack for about 10 to 12 minutes for a nice crispy base and the DM and DS enjoyed with some garlic bread. Thank you Halcyon Eve, made for ZAAR Chef Alphabet Soup tag game.