Recipe by Halcyon Eve
Every Friday we have "pizza night," and every Friday this is the pizza my DS wants. Sometimes he tries to change his mind--but he always changes it back to this. It's a very basic, very cheesy pepperoni & olive pizza made a bit healthier by some lighter ingredients.
- 1 (12 inch) pizza crusts, unbaked (I buy or make pizza dough)
- 1 cup pizza sauce (or to taste)
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 2 -3 ounces turkey pepperoni
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425* F. Stretch dough over greased 12 inch pizza pan and bake until just turning golden, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and spread sauce to taste over crust, leaving a small border around the edge. Sprinkle about 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella evenly over sauce.
- Sprinkle olives evenly over cheese. Lay slices of pepperoni over olives in concentric rings.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella over pepperoni. Sprinkle parmesan over top.
- Return to oven and bake at 425* F for 10 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted, bubbly, and turning golden in spots.