Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The Foundry is a local rescue mission and recovery center that helps the homeless and addicted. This is a recipe from "Jonah's kitchen" that was in one of their newsletters. Jonah is a graduate of The Foundry's recovery program and is now kitchen supervisor. A quote from Jonah: "We don’t always have a lot to work with so we have to be creative. We don’t get as many donations as we need, so I’ve learned to make something out of nothing. I always try to make it better because I know what it’s like to be hungry.”
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 8 ounces Doritos
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix together the soups and tomatoes in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add Velveeta and stir to melt.
- Brown ground beef with onion soup mix.
- In casserole dish, layer crushed Doritos, ground beef, sauce and then shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until heated through and cheese is melted.