1 hr 5 mins
I love pancakes. Who doesn't! These pancakes are actually inspired by a book character by Dean Koontz. The characters name is Odd Thomas and I imagine that if he were to serve me his fluffy pancakes in Pico Mundo that this is how they would be. Keep in mind that this recipe is just a method. You can add ANYTHING to these guys to jazz them up. I like blueberries, raspberries, and sometimes I even add scrambled eggs, crumbled sausage, and shredded cheese. Yum!
My Private Note
diner s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat griddle to 325F or cast iron pan on medium low. Use vegetable shortening for lube.
- 2Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- 3In a separate bowl beat 2 eggs with melted butter until creamy.
- 4Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and pour in some milk. No measurements needed. (Even the weather effects how much milk you will need. Eyeball it until you get a proper consistency for a batter.).
- 5Use a spatula to stir all of your ingredients together just until combined. Lumps are OK and desired to yield a tender batter.
- 6Cover your bowl of batter and let sit for 30 minutes! Your patience will be rewarded.
- 7After the batter has been left to rest dip a heaping 1/2 cup measure of batter onto griddle for diner/restaurant size pancakes. Flip pancakes when golden brown and delicious.
- 8ENJOY! ;).
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Fluffiest Pancakes You Will Ever Have
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.2
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 166.7 mg
- Sodium 1035.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 11.4 g