1/8 Photos of The Floozified Jerked Vegetable Sandwich!
1 hr 5 mins
We are not jerks (no matter what people say!)--we're just Fantabulously Friendly Foodie Floozies! We FlooZaarinas threw this together for the Island Jerk Challenge in Zaar World Tour 3! Feel free to use whichever vegetables you'd like and place on a platter or layer on as a sandwich. This easy recipe goes great with meat; keep things simple and cook it all together on the grill! Remembering Amy takes the sugar-she's just so sweet! Auntie Jan Christo is our onion person while Chef at Heart is our allspicey chef. Kim D. has a garden full of cherry tomatoes. Then there's Sharon123----the corny one in our little kitchen! Dienia B. claims that she's a little acid/lime sometimes, and Mulligan needs the garlic for her vampire-movie-loving hubby. Heydarl chose soy sauce since she loves Asian cooking & uses it a lot. Meanwhile (like most of us) Debber needs more thyme!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, seeded (or other milder chile such as jalapeno for less heat)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2-1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ears corn
- 8 small portabella mushrooms (or button mushrooms)
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into quarters (or eighths)
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded, quartered
- lime wedge
- 4 hoagie rolls (optional) or 4 French bread (optional)
- mayonnaise (optional)
- 4 -8 slices provolone cheese (or other cheese of your choice) (optional)
- 1To make the Jerk Paste:.
- 2Combine the scallions, garlic, chile, olive oil, sugar, soy sauce, thyme, allspice and cinnamon in a food processor and process until you have a paste.
- 3Prepare a medium-hot fire in the grill. Use a vegetable grill rack if you have one.
- 4Peel back the husks from the corn cobs and remove the silks. Brush the jerk paste onto the ears. Bring the husks back over the cobs and secure with kitchen twine. Skewer the mushrooms and cherry tomatoes and brush with the paste. Toss the zucchini and bell peppers with the remaining paste.
- 5Grill the vegetables, turning occasionally, until tender and well-browned, 15-25 minutes for the corn, 10-15 minutes for the onion, and about 5 minutes for the tomatoes and zucchini. Remove the vegetables as they are done and keep them warm.
- 6Slather mayonnaise on each side of hoagie rolls, fill with vegetables of choice, place provolone cheese on top, place top bun on cheese and dig in!
- 7Or arrange vegetables on a large platter, garnish with lime wedges, and serve. Enjoy! And don't forget to invite all your friendly floozie friends!
- 8For Vegan omit the mayo and the cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Floozified Jerked Vegetable Sandwich!
Serving Size: 1 (625 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.5
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 296.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 11.2 g