Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
posting to try later. includes chilling time.
Make and share this The Flakiest Pie Crust recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. In a bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Blend in spread with a pastry blender (2 forks work just as well). Sprinkle in ice water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Shape into disc and cover with plastic wrap and chill for 20 minutes.
- On floured surface, roll out dough into a 12 inch circle; transfer to pie plate.
- Chill 20 minutes.
- Pierce crust with fork and line with foil. Fill pie with pie weights (dried beans and/or rice also work well).
- Bake 10 minutes and remove pie weights and foil.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes more, or until golden.
- Cool completely.