Recipe by Mini Ravindran
Chilled Sweet Potato Soup for you and the entire family. Any leftovers are usually utilised by me as gravy thickeners and the best thing is that the same is home made.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 cups fat free sodium free chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a soup pot.
- Add the onions and cook.
- (over medium heat) until just soft.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into 1/3-inch slices.
- Add to the onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the broth, water, ginger and thyme.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until all ingredients are soft (about 20 minutes).
- Carefully puree the soup (in small batches) using a blender or food processor.
- Return the mixture to the pan and whisk in the milk.
- Check the seasonings.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Served cold, garnished with parsley.