Prep 1 hr
Cook 12 mins
Southern Living, Kimberly Pack, Grand-Prize Winner
- 5 -6 ripe bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup honey-roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup frozen butter
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and halved
Peanut Butter Spread
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut 4 bananas into 2-inch pieces; halve each piece lengthwise.
- Mash remaining bananas to equal ½ cup.
- Sift together flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; add mashed bananas and peanuts.
- Grate butter over flour mixture, using large holes of a box grater.
- Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly.
- Add buttermilk, stirring just until mixture is slightly moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a heavily floured surface; shape into a ball.
- Pat into a ½-inch thick circle.
- Cut with a floured 3-inch round cutter, and place biscuits 1 inch apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, make Peanut Butter Spread—stir together the peanut butter, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at HIGH at 30-second intervals until softened; stir until smooth.
- Split warm biscuits; spread bottom halves of biscuits with Peanut Butter Spread.
- Top each with 2 bacon pieces and 2 banana slices.
- Cover with biscuit tops.